Sunday 27 July 2008

Sunday in summer-Athens

So, getting ready to head into a new week. Athens is slowly, but steadily becoming depopulated as more and more people go off on vacation, most of them to the islands. I'm still here and working. Apart from my new script, I'm going to talk to both director and producer about The Mountain, the script I recently finished 1. draft of. Its always a bit nerve-wrecking to wait for the response, and well, of course even more so to get it. The big irrational fear is that I have fucked up somehow, and the script is not good at all. The more rational fear is that they won't understand what I'm trying to do in the script, and we won't be able to reach an understanding of the premise and the logic I have applied to fulfill it. So tomorrow morning.. I'll meet the director. Then I'll know his response. Tuesday the producer is back in Athens, and has hopefully read the script (he promised - and I promised to lock him inside the toilet with the script if he hadn't). What I hope to hear from him is that he thinks it's good enough for him to go out and start financing the project, getting some money for development - so I can get paid. Being in a financial tight spot myself, I don't really want to spend to much more time on The Mountain without some money coming my way. My time will be better spent getting other ships into the sea, as well as working as a paid script consultant for financed project. From now and throughout August I will work with another Greek director on his up-coming film, which is to start shooting this year. His script has a strong story, but has a few weaknesses in 1st and 2nd act, and then some real problems in 3rd and 4th act. We have had an initial meeting and he agrees with my diagnosis and approach to solve the problems. The next days I will go over the 1st and 2nd act making extensive comments and suggestions for changes, while he thinks about the problems of 3rd and 4th. We will see how it goes.

No comments: